The Mission of the Polaris Educational Foundation is to support the mission and vision of the Polaris Charter School through fundraising and programs designed to support the entire school community. The Polaris Educational Foundation fulfills its mission by working in four areas:
The PEF fosters a sense of community at Polaris by creating relationships:
- Within the school community, between teachers, staff and families;
- Between the school and the local business community;
- Between the school and the larger educational community, including other charter schools, local elementary schools, and colleges and universities
- Between the school and the local non-profit community.
The PEF seeks to help sustain the financial well being of the Polaris school through fundraising and other revenue generating projects.
The PEF seeks to enrich the curriculum at Polaris through planning and helping to fund:
- Field trips
- In-school enrichment programs
- After school class and club opportunities
To support all members of the Polaris community, the PEF:
- Organizes carpools for parents and students
- Creates and manages a volunteer schedule